- 4 large egg whites
- 225g caster sugar
- 300ml whipping cream
- 50g caster sugar
- Atkins and Potts Rose Syrup
- Fresh raspberries, blueberries or strawberries
- Mint Leaves for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 140°C and line two baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- In a dry bowl whisk the egg whites until the soft peak stage.
- Gradually whisk in 225g caster sugar until you have stiff peaks.
- Spoon or pipe the meringues onto the lined trays using about a tablespoon of the mixture for each meringue, then put into the oven.
- Cook for 40 minutes then remove from the oven. If they begin to colour too quickly, turn the oven temperature down.
- When the meringues have cooled, whip the cream with 50g caster sugar until you have soft peaks.
- Spread the cream on the flat side of each meringue.
- Sandwich the meringues together with the fruit in the middle, then drizzle with Rose Syrup and garnish with mint leaves.
Share this recipe
← Previous recipe
Next recipe →